The Titans (7-3) face Portland State (6-5). Tip-off is today at 7:00 PM in Dilapidated Titan Gym.
|CSF||214 (11)||109 (6)||173 (1)||228 (12)||141 (33)||173.0|
Portland State Vikings Scouting Report
- Notable wins include Bakersfield (by 4 at home) and Seattle (by 1). Close loss to Wyoming (by 6 on the road). Also lost to Oregon by 9 on the road.
- The Vikings have a pair of 6-10, 270+ centers who could give the Titans problems. The good news is that only one, senior Nate Lozeau, gets significant minutes. Lozeau averages 12 points (3rd best) and 7 rebounds (2nd) per game. He also shoots 64% from the floor and 69% on FTs. He has improved significantly from last year and, if history is any indication, 6-5ish forwards Omondi Amoke and Andre Hardy will be tasked with guarding him.
- Senior 6-0 guard Charles Odum is the leading scorer for the Vikings at 17 ppg. He also co-leads the team in assists at 28.
- Chehales Tapscott, a 6-5 senior forward, leads the team in rebounds (9 rpg) and is second in scoring (14 ppg). He has been playing extremely well of late and is the Vikings best all-round player.
- PSU has seven players averaging seven or more points. They do like to run and have -- and use -- a very deep bench as they will go 9 or 10 deep in close games.
- The Vikings haven't shot well from behind the three-point line but have come on strong of late. They will definitely launch it when they are open so Titans have to prevent the open looks. Best shooters are 6-3 junior Michael Harthun and freshman Gary Winston.
- PSU does not appear to shy away from a fast paced game but that may change as that plays right into CSF's hands. Best bet for Portland State would be to work an inside/outside game and get Amoke in foul trouble but have a hunch, based on the scores, they just may try to run. If so, could be an fun game to watch.
- Keys to game for Titans: Some big (literally) match-up problems for the Titans so they will need to contain Lozeau and the other 6-10, 290 freshman center Brandon Cataldo, avoid foul trouble by Amoke and prevent the Vikings from making three's. If they do those things, Titans will win by 15.
- Vegas: Titans by 10, 83-73